Thursday, September 08, 2005

In Their Own Words

"There are quiet times in the life of a nation when little is expected of its leaders. This isn't one of those times. This is a time when we need firm resolve, clear vision and a deep faith in the values that make us a great nation. (Applause.)

"None of us will ever forget that week when one era ended and another began. On September the 14th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget. There were workers in hard hats there, yelling, "Whatever it takes." I was trying to do my best to thank and comfort the firefighters and policemen and the rescuers. A guy grabbed me by the arm, and he said, "Do not let me down." (Applause.) Ever since that day, I wake up every morning thinking about how to better protect our country. I will never relent in defending America, whatever it takes." George W. Bush, on the election trail in 2004

"There comes a time when deceit and defiance must be seen for what they are. At that point, a gathering danger must be directly confronted. At that point, we must show that beyond our resolutions is actual resolve." V.P. Dick Cheney, post 9/11

Their era is over.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bloggers United said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:03 PM  
Blogger SEO said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Laurence of Atlanta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home